Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring-ish

Our indoor forced bloom experiment has been incredibly successful, so naturally I'm filling my house with Spring branches. Now I've got to start exerting some self control, or our trees aren't going to have any branches left. I'm trying to stagger the blooming so that I'll have some lovely blossoms to look at during labor, whenever this baby decides to show up. Here are some pictures of our latest successes:



Crabapple branches, just barely brought in.




Flowering plum branches, inside for about 1 1/2 weeks.



Flowering plum blossom, close up.

4 comments:

Britney said...

I love this! I really want to try it!!

Shauna said...

I love these beauties Steph. You've become an expert! So, I've become a pilferer of you photos. Check out my website to see my naughty! I just loved your photos so much. I needed to see them today.

Julie said...

These are beautiful. What a nice idea. Looks straight from a magazine.

amy smart said...

I'm so happy to have found YOUR blog. These branches are gorgeous. I so wish Michael didn't have allergies to every flowering thing. Oh well. I hope you guys are all doing okay and getting some sleep. :)