Wednesday, December 5, 2012

sweet clover cardigan

I haven't had as much time to knit lately as I'd like, which makes it such a big deal when I actually follow through and finish a project that I started 8 months before.

This little sweater is my favorite yet. I love how sweetly it turned out. To be truthful, I wasn't sure it would turn out at all, since this was my first attempt at designing my own pattern. And my first attempt at cutting a steek (who'd have thought such an adrenaline rush was possible with knitting?!). But it worked!! I'm feeling pretty darn proud of myself right now. 


The stitch pattern in the yoke looks complicated, but it's just made by slipping stitches from the previous colored row. I borrowed it from Nikol Lohr's Sally Cardigan. It's actually a fairly simple stitch and I love how it almost looks like polka dots.

And steeking is flat out AWESOME. A cardigan worked up with the ease of knitting in the round? Yes please!

Details

Pattern: from my own noggin

Size: 9-12 months (ish)

Yarn: (green) Fingering-weight merino wool harvested from a thrift store sweater
         (white) Fingering-weight wool/angora blend harvested from a thrift store sweater


Satisfaction level:  Completely thrilled.

1 comment: