Saturday, May 1, 2010

sunshiny baby jacket, a start

I couldn't resist getting a head start on that ribbed baby jacket. The yarn is Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in "maize". I've been pleasantly surprised to see how nicely this bargain yarn knits up.

The green yarn is temporary-- it's part of a provisional cast-on technique that I'm using in order to be able to come back later and add a hem to live stitches. Other knitters on Ravelry that have worked this pattern have noted that the way the bottom of the finished jacket rolls up is kind of annoying, and some of them recommended hemming as a solution. We'll see how it works.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I just caught up. You two are going to NYC?!?!?! How fun! Without kids! Have you EVER gone on a trip without the kids? I'm super duper excited for you. I want to hear ALL about it. Todd and I loved our trip to NY and I know you will, too.

Also, that baby sweater is going to be to-die-for adorable.