Monday, May 3, 2010

Golden Dahlia


I'm sure that many of you have seen this lovely Mother's Day dahlia corsage tutorial by now. Personally, I thought it was one of the loveliest projects I've come across in a while and since I already had all the supplies on hand, I had to make one of my own. Now I want one in every color of the rainbow.

The tutorial recommends using craft glue, I found a glue gun to be much easier and faster. Mine's not as perfect as the original, but even so, I think it's very nice. It really would make a lovely (possibly last-minute) Mother's Day gift.

4 comments:

Lindy Johnson said...

gorgeous. i love it!

Alison said...

That is fabulous! And really, I don't think Daniel or Lincoln could have done as nice of job, so I hope you keep that for yourself!

xo

Margret said...

I'm not much of a wearer of flowers, but this one I think I could do. It's got great structure, and the colour is wonderful.

Erin said...

I have seen this tutorial linked a lot but I think I love yours the most. the gold color is lovely. happy mothers day to you!!