Friday, December 18, 2009

wool slippers, version two.

These slippers went a different direction from what I envisioned when I first started this project, and I love love love them.


They're almost entirely thrifted: the soles came from an old fake leather purse, the black wool from wool pants, the red wool from a felted sweater, and I found the buttons at a thrift store, too. The only thing that wasn't thrifted was the red lining-- it came from some solid colored cotton I had left over from making super hero capes.






Unfortunately for me, they're a little too small (probably better for a size 8 than my 9.5s). Looks like they're going to the gift closet to await the birthday of someone with appropriately sized feet...


And luckily for you, that means that I'll have to make another pair for myself. Translation: opportunity for a tutorial. But it's going to have to wait until after the New Year, cause I'm up to my neck in unfinished Christmas gift projects.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

are you sure they're not size 7? Please? they are perfect!

Erin said...

oh steph! they are so cute! you know, my birthday is in January and I wear a size 8... what a coincidence! :)

kaweight said...

just wanted to remind you... I am your sister, my birthday is in January, and I love love love those slippers and don't own any :) as family I believe I should be the receiver.

Margret said...

they look so cute (and stylish) very nice

Lindy Johnson said...

these are adorable. i love the little red flowers!

Emery said...

even greg admits being impressed with you craftiness...now that's a feat!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

What could be better than those cute wool slippers? Maybe winning an annual pass to Thanksgiving Point?

(You won! Will you email me? cjanemail @ gmail.com)