Saturday, December 13, 2008

sweet (decorating) dreams

If we can ever talk Lincoln into moving into his new bedroom downstairs (Daniel has long been sold on the topic), I'm planning on turning the boys' current room into a nursery for Teeny. I'm thinking that a sweet bird-themed room would be lovely and appropriately gender neutral for our mystery baby.

Here are a few of my ideas:




1-Fabric wrapped canvas frames for instant, inexpensive art. I luuuuuuuv this fresh orange one that I've already done up and I'm thinking that maybe two small square frames in fun Amy Butler prints next to it would look divine. (fabric shown here is Park Slope by Erin McMorris)

2- Tree Mural. This one in particular is wallpaper and WAAAAAYYYY out of our price range. (enfant terrible, $323.00), but a free form hand-painted mural couldn't be that difficult. My sister had the brilliant idea to hand paint it and then glue tiny silk cherry blossoms on the branches. And you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm going to find out a way to make that bird house light.

3-Okay so I've already featured this birdie mobile on this very blog, but I still can't get over how completely perfect it is. I love the bright, bold prints used here, which leads to an obvious question: What is the smallest measurement of fabric that the Cotton Shop will sell me? Because there's no way I could afford any real yardage of those kinds of great fabrics and those sweet birdies only take a little bit...

4-This is the aqua color that I've got in mind for walls, paired with accessories in bright fruity reds, oranges and yellow (and, if Teeny turns out to be a girl, a few things in the obligatory pink). I'm on the lookout for just the right second-hand dresser/changing table that is begging to be painted poppy orange or tomato red.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love your ideas! I was actually thinking of making you a baby blanket with a barn owl print. Brown barn owls could be boy or girl...right? I have the fabric and mom made a funny face and said "Owls?"
What do you think?

Steph said...

I love birds, any kind of birds. 'Nuf said