First up, about 570 yards of (knot free!) luxury recycled yarn in the most beautiful shade of aubergine. It was "harvested" from a buttery soft Ann Taylor Loft sweater: unraveled, measured, washed and skeined by yours truly.
Feeling is believing when it comes to realizing how wonderful recycled yarn can be. Although truthfully, these pictures aren't bad either:
The "knitty-gritty" (har!) on the yarn:
Fingering Weight (6 stitches/inch in the original sweater, and 16 wraps per inch)
Fiber Content: 53% Wool
8% Rabbit Hair
Care Instructions: Handwash cold. Lay flat to dry
There are lots of great patterns out there for fingering weight yarns, but if that's just not your thing, you could always hold two strands together as you knit for a larger "yarn".
Up next (I'm feeling a little like Vanna White here. If only I was wearing a sequined evening gown instead of a spit-up scented sweater...):
Knitting needle bling, aka, fancy-pants stitch markers. Stitch markers are useful for many things. You can place a marker every ten stitches when you're casting on to easily keep track of how many stitches you've done. They're also indispensable for keeping track of recurring increases or decreases or marking repeats in lace patterns.
But really, with markers this cute, who needs them to be useful? I'd be tempted to stick 'em on my needles just for the heck of it.
Nitty-gritty: A set of 8 jade glass stitch markers in their own little case.
How to enter this giveaway:
- Knit (or crochet) a baby cap, and share a picture of it via the snickerdoodle flickr group or in an email to me . Each hat counts as one entry in the giveaway. 5 hats = 5 entries, etc.
- If you're just starting to knit, pics of practice swatches count for an entry in the giveaway (share 'em the same way as cap pics). Don't be shy!!! You'll help inspire and encourage other new knitters.
- Help Spread the word! You can also get an entry in the giveaway by posting the knit for good blog button on your blog. Just copy the code I've got over in my side bar and paste it into an html widget.
- Become a follower of Snickerdoodle if you're not already
- Add a comment here on this post every time you share a hat or post the button on your blog, or so I can keep track of who's done what. And if your email address isn't linked to your blogger profile (it's easy!), be sure to include your email address so that I can get a hold of you if you win. Be sure to add a new comment for every hat or other entry-worth action, so that you get your full # of entries!!
~Comments are now closed~