Thursday, July 1, 2010

because we can always use another free vase...

Method used to package their handsoap refills in large teardrop containers. Turns out they make lovely vases-- all it takes is a quick lop off the top (I used my Dremel).

I love design that lends itself to reuse. Unfortunately, they've changed their refills to less-lovely pouches. Makes me sad, but they probably have a good reason for it.


The recycled vase was clearly not an original idea from me. Don't you just love that they provide recycling ideas?

**Update: a Magic Eraser sponge and a whole lot of elbow grease will remove the printing from plastic without scratching.***

3 comments:

Theresa said...

what is the material of the vase? glass? plastic? I'd have to look into it.

Julie said...

I'll bet that the steel wool Brillo pads with Oxyclean would wipe the lettering right off. It did wonders for the hard water stains on my basement windows.

Steph said...

The vase is plastic. I'm afraid Brillo pads would scratch it? That's good news about the hard water stains, Julie-- I'll have to file that one away for future reference.