Monday, January 18, 2010

birthday season

Today, my Dannyboy turns 4. Just last Tuesday his big brother turned 5.

Where oh where did the time go?


They start out so soft and needy and sweet...


And in the blink of an eye, they grow up and become...

weird.

I love weird. Weird is fun.

But sometimes I can't help but feel a little wistful for those sweet brand new little babies.




So I console myself with birthday cake-- which we pretty much live on for two weeks straight this time of year.

3 comments:

Erin said...

hahaha. i love the sticker picture. my Liam would so get along with your boys!

is that a poke cake? it looks gooey and delicious!

Steph said...

I bet our boys would get along really well too, Erin. Too bad we live so far apart. Maybe they'll have to be pen pals or something..

No, it's not poke cake. Just plain old boxed devil's food cake with a fudge-textured caramel icing. Pretty humble, but it's special to us!

It looks gooey because we eat it with milk poured over the top. We call it "cake soup". Sounds kind of gross, I guess, but don't knock it 'til you try it! (we don't eat any other kind of cake that way, just this one.)

team cowan said...

Hey, thanks for the comment and compliment on my shirt. I was honored that you wandered over to see me copycat your genius! Now I'm addicted and have another shirt refashion idea in the process. Thanks! And I really enjoy your blog. You've got great ideas!