Tuesday, April 21, 2009

thrift store chic

After a particularly stressful day with my three kiddos last week, my husband came home and quickly realized I needed a break. Seriously-- I'd had it. So, sweet soul that he is, he sent me off to an evening of my favorite past time: thrift store shopping. Here's what I scored:


Some cute sheets for making skirts (and maybe a dress and some shirts).
I actually squealed out loud when I saw the poppy sheets. LOVE THEM!

The sweater($4) and shoes($6) are in perfect condition.
I wore them on Sunday with a brown pencil skirt and thought they looked great.

The skirt($4) has a few holes where the fabric meets the lace trim at each tier.
I'm not too keen on the lace since it's see-through, so I'm just going to take it all out and sew the tiers back together with out it. I'm pretty excited to see the finished product. The color is perfect.




2 comments:

Emery said...

yummy finds! i wish we could go thrift storing together sometime. maybe i'll search out a hidden treasures place in pinedale and we'll have an outing in august! we're off tomorrow...keep in touch!

Carolyne said...

Those a fabulous finds! I love the skirt!

And it sounds like you picked a good man!