Friday, December 19, 2008

finished projects


I'm a fabulous project starter, but I'll usually get half way through with something when I find a different project that I've got to do RIGHT NOW. So, the completion of not one, but two knitting projects is an accomplishment for me to be proud of.
First off, Joe needed a warm watch cap to go with his pea coat. I used Malabrigo Worsted Merino in jet black (the picture makes it look faded, but it's not at all) to knit this pattern. This is the best yarn I've ever touched, let alone knit with. It is so unbelievably soft and buttery. Not to sound greedy or anything, but if anyone wants to make me really happy on my birthday, they could get me a skein of this yarn in any color and I'd be delighted!
Second up, a sweet little pair of baby leggings. Again, the color is off in this picture, it's really more of a fresh green pea color. The great thing about these is that since they're knit out of 100% wool, they'll also double as a cloth diaper cover. Find the pattern here.

1 comment: